The City of Springfield seeks an accomplished individual with strong leadership qualities to coordinate and manage the activities of the City of Springfield's Economic Development Team. Read on...
The City of Springfield is currently accepting applications from December 31st, 2014 - February 20th, 2015 for Regular and Lateral Police Officer testing that will take place on February 27th, 2015. Read on...
Welcome! We're pleased you're interested in joining our team!
The City of Springfield offers challenging employment opportunities for people interested in careers in public service. The City has more than 400 job classifications which offer qualified applicants a variety of opportunities to develop careers in their areas of interest.
The City operates under a merit system which has established guidelines for the use in the selection, compensation and discipline of its employees. The City is fully committed to a policy of hiring without regard to age, sex, color, race, religion, national origin, or disability as prescribed by federal and state laws.
The Human Resources Department:
- Employs about 20 people
- Has an annual budget of about $1.2 million
- Administers advancement and testing procedures
- Posts and advertises job vacancies, reviews applications, and interviews job candidates
- Creates and modifies job descriptions with City departments
- Coordinates pay and classification issues, including salary surveys
- Coordinates benefit programs
- Processes payroll deduction and changes
- Conducts city-wide employee training
- Administers Merit Rules and other policy and procedures
- Administers the Care Leave Plan and the Family Medical Leave Programs
- Coordinates compliance with the American with Disabilities Act
- Conducts collective bargaining with various labor groups
- Coordinates employee relations programs
- Processes employee complaints
- Manages the self-funded workers' compensation program
- Manages the self-insured health plan
The Human Resources Department is committed to hiring, compensating, and developing the city's workforce to ensure its ability to serve the citizens by strategically partnering with other city departments. We are dedicated to the fair and equitable treatment of all individuals whether citizen, applicant or employee by providing support, advice or guidance in an ethical, courteous and timely manner.
We encourage you to learn more about living in Springfield and working in Springfield.