Driving Programs - Probation
Defensive Driving Course (DDC)
Traffic Safety Awareness Program (TSAP)
These programs are informative, interactive and help clients learn smarter, safer, and more thoughtful driving techniques.
The total program time for either course is 8 hours. It is held on a Saturday for one 8 hour session or on two weekday nights for 4 hours each. Probationers must complete the program within 60 days of sentencing.
- Fee: $60.00.
Young Traffic Offenders Program (YTOP)
This is a program designed for 16 to 25 year-olds. It emphasizes the risks they are undertaking, the consequences of head a spinal cord injuries, and the prevention of such results. Programs are available at Mercy and Cox South Hospitals.
This is a one day program which meets only once a month on a Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Fee: $55.00.
- Referrals made by Probation Office.
AARP Safe Driving Classes
The AARP Driver Safety Program is the nation's first and largest driver improvement course especially designed for individuals age 50 and older. During this four-hour class, drivers refine skills and develop safe, defensive driving techniques.
This program must be completed within 60 to120 days for sentencing.
- Fees: $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members
- Schedule: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month; a one-day Saturday morning or Tuesday evening class is offered once a quarter. For a complete schedule visit mercy.net/senior-events and search for "AARP Safe Driving Classes" near the top of the page.
- Location: Mercy Smith Glynn Callaway Clinic, 3231 S National, Springfield, MO 65807
- Visit mercy.net/senior-events to register online and for more information, or call 417.841.0333.