The Springfield Tree Registry was established by the Tree City USA Advisory Committee to heighten the level of awareness and appreciation of Springfield's urban forest. The perfect gift for the person who has everything would be to have a special tree recognized through the Springfield Tree Registry. No tree is too large, too small, too old or too young to be registered!
Simply complete the official Springfield Tree Registry application form and mail it with the $35 registration fee to the address indicated on the form. The proceeds from all fees will be placed in the Tree City USA Fund, a fund with the Community Foundation of the Ozarks that supports the stewardship and cultivation of Springfield's public urban forest. Your gift is tax-deductible.
There are several reasons to register a special tree with the Springfield Tree Registry. Here are some things that you will receive when you register a tree:
- Parchment certificate with personalized tree name and dedication date
- Historical "family tree" research about your tree
- Tree booklet about tree care
- Letter of congratulations or memorial for the honoree
- The $35 registration fee is tax-deductible
- Your tree will be listed on the Springfield Tree City USA website
The Value of Trees
- An acre of growing trees removes the amount of carbon dioxide produced by a car driven 26,000 miles
- One large tree can provide a day's supply of oxygen for up to four people
- Each year, one person uses wood and paper products equivalent to an 18" diameter, 100-foot tree
- Urban areas with little tree vegetation are up to 9 degrees hotter than those with heavy tree cover
- 25% of all our prescription medicine comes from flowering trees
- Healthy, mature trees add an average of 10% to a property's value