"Creating a better environment
through economic redevelopment"
Request for Review and Comment
Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup (ABCA) reports have been prepared in accordance with EPA standards for environmental cleanup of the following properties:
- 154 East Park Central
- 134 Park Central West
- 3429 E. Chestnut Expwy. (Hickory Hills Marketplace)
- 1420 W. College
Send us your questions and comments or call 864-1092.
- Springfield was one of 11 entities in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska to be selected for a grant from the EPA to assess, clean up and revitalize brownfield properties. Springfield's grant was $400,000 of the $4.5 million allocated to the region.
- Check out 4 Remedial Action Plans for West Meadows Sites 1-4 on our Current Projects page.
- Download the Jordan Valley Concept Plan (49.6 mb) for information on this important project.
The Brownfields Program works to assess, clean up, and facilitate the redevelopment/reuse of potentially contaminated properties known as "brownfields" within the city of Springfield.
The program is coordinated through the Economic Development Office in the Department of Planning and Development and works in cooperation with Region 7 of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Please contact us for more detailed information:
- Olivia Hough, Brownfields Coordinator
- Doug Durrington, Environmental Engineer
- Bill Weaver, Development Economist
- Vern Morgan, Grants Administrator
(The Brownfields Revitalization Act is a) sensible piece of legislation, one that emphasizes the need for environmental stewardship all across the country.
- President George W. Bush
January 11, 2002