College Street Corridor
The Planning Area and Process
The City of Springfield is working with the community to create a new future for the College Street Corridor, an area located along College and Olive Streets, between Grant Avenue and Kansas Expressway. It has strong linkages to the future West Meadows of Jordan Valley, the West Central Neighborhood, and downtown which are very important to the future of the College Street Corridor Planning Area.
The planning process is being coordinated by the City Department of Planning and Development and relies heavily on public engagement for proposals to revitalize the area. Public engagement took place through early April, and the plan is scheduled for completion during the summer.
Thank you for your interest in this process. We hope you will participate in creating a future for College Street.
Final Visual and Styling Concepts
Adopted Plan Now Available
- College Street Corridor Plan -Adopted August 27, 2012
Archived Meeting Agendas
- Planning process flow chart
- Public engagement plan
- Public engagement flow chart
- Invitation letter (sent to owners or residents in the planning area)
One great way to get involved in the planning process is to join our Google Group. As part of the group, you can join the discussion if you'd like, or just keep up with progress.
- Background & Analysis
- January 18, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- January 18, 2012 Public Comment Summary
- February 2, 2012 Public Comment Summary
- February 15, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- February 15, 2012 Public Comment Summary
- February 29, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- February 29th, 2012 Public Comment Summary
- March 14, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- March 14, 2012 Public Comment Summary
- March 28, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- April 11, 2012 Meeting Presentation
- Vision Process Document
- Plan Concept Document