Fast Facts...The City Clerk:
- represents the smallest department with less than 10 people
- has an annual budget of about $0.4 million, or 0.4% of the General Fund budget
- was created in 1953 by the City Charter
- prepares over 200 Mayoral proclamations each year
- processes over 1350 contracts and addenda each year
The City Clerk's Office provides clerical support to the Mayor and City Council. We prepare the City Council Agenda and keep the minutes of all City Council meetings. In addition, we provide clerical support for several Boards and Commissions.
Services to the Community
The City Clerk's Office is the office that citizens contact when they wish to speak to their Council person. Also, when citizens have Sunshine Requests, they are submitted to the City Clerk's Office for processing.
We are committed to working with the community to provide ethical and responsible local government so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of living and working in Springfield.