The Human Resources Department:
- employs about 20 people
- has an annual budget of about $850,000
- supports the City Job Openings website at www.springfieldmo.gov/jobs
- Posts and advertises job vacancies, reviews applications, and interviews job candidates
- Administers advancement and testing procedures.
- Completes job descriptions with the City departments.
- Conducts city-wide employee training in a number of areas.
- Coordinates employee relations programs.
- Coordinates compliance with the American with Disabilities Act.
- Coordinates city-wide safety programs.
- Administers the Care Leave Plan and the Family Medical Leave Programs.
- Administers Merit Rules and other policy and procedures.
- Administers risk management, including property insurance, auto liability, and general liability programs.
- Handles pay and classification issues including salary surveys.
- Coordinates benefit programs and payroll for employees.
- Conducts "meet and confer" with four unions.
- Labor relations.
- Processes employee complaints and coordinates Personnel Board hearing appeal.
Health Plan Documents & Important Notices
Services to the Community
- The City of Springfield offers a variety of municipal career opportunities for men and women interested in public service. There are more than 400 job classifications.
- The City operates under a Merit System that sets guidelines used in the selection, compensation, and discipline of employees.
- The City is fully committed to a policy of hiring without regard to age, sex, color, race, religion, national origin, or disability as prescribed by Federall and State laws.
The Human Resources Department is committed to hiring, compensating, and developing the City's workforce to ensure its ability to serve the citizens by strategically partnering with other City departments. We are dedicated to the fair and equitable treatment of all individuals whether citizen, applicant or employee by providing support, advice or guidance in an ethical, courteous and timely manner.