Notices to Contractors
- Attendees to the mandatory pre submittal meeting for "Architectural and Engineering Consultant" services
Public Works Project List
Fast Facts...The Public Works Department:
- employs about 250 people in seven divisions: Administration, Traffic Engineering, Engineering, Storm Water Engineering, and Operations (Municipal Facilities, the Service Center, Streets, and Trees & Grounds).
- has an annual budget of about $50 million, or 19% of the General Fund budget
- Annually operates and maintains 135 traffic control signals, repairs over 37,000 traffic signs, and stripes nearly 600 lane miles
- Maintains 54 publicly-owned City buildings
- Coordinates snow removal on 675 lane miles of high-priority emergency routes
Public Works is responsible for street design, construction and maintenance. It has also partnered with the Missouri Department of Transportation to implement a cooperative computerized traffic signal system to improve Springfield's street capacity.
Services to the Community
- Designs, builds, and maintains city streets and sidewalks, and stormwater system
- Maintains public right-of-way and Hazelwood Cemetery
Public Works constructs and maintains the infrastructure of the City to satisfy community needs by providing engineering services, a safe transportation system, effective stormwater management, and public buildings and grounds.