Developer's Resource Center
Developer & Builder-related Information
Welcome to the City of Springfield’s Developers Resource Center. This virtual one-stop-shop is here to assist you in navigating between multiple City and Greene County Departments that deal with development related projects.
Frequently Requested Projects
- I want to build a commercial building.
- I want to build a single family residential house.
- I want to construct a public improvement (street or sewer).
- I want to view the Public Works Design Guide.
- I want to rezone my property.
- I want to subdivide my property.
The City of Springfield has launched the first end-to-end electronic plan services initiative in the State of Missouri and has selected Avolve Software's ProjectDox® for implementation. E-plans will benefit the City's business development by offering several cost and time saving efficiencies, including
- streamlined plan review and permit approval
- reduced administrative processing
- reduced printing and travel time
- improved communication with developers, contractors, design professionals and project stakeholders
The City, in concert with City Utilities (CU), will integrate its e-plans technology with existing permitting and document archival systems, reducing redundant data entry and enabling network and wireless data distribution to multiple City and CU departments.
- e-plans User Guide for Planning Projects 2013
- e-plans User Guide for Building Development Services Projects 2013
- e-plans overview PowerPoint
- e-plans Technical User Guide 8-1
- e-plans System Use Requirements
E-plans login Screen:
More Information on E-plans:
For Zoning and Subdivision e-plans projects contact:
Bob Hosmer, AICP
City of Springfield
For Building Development Services (building and public works infrastructure) e-plans projects contact:
Rick Garner, PE
City of Springfield
Collaborative Community Development
What is CCD? It's our philosophy for making Springfield development-friendly and "open for business" by working collaboratively with private developers and designers to ensure high-quality, timely and safe projects become a reality in Springfield, Missouri.
The focus of this new philosophy is on communication and accountability in three key areas:
- Project Design: The pre-application stage is the first opportunity for our staff to learn about the proposed project, and for applicants to learn how City ordinances, building regulations and site-based facts can assist you in developing your plan. City staff may provide ideas may provide ideas at this stage, but it is not staff's role to design a project.
- Plan Review and Approval: By keeping open lines of communication, the City seeks to avoid any surprises between the pre-application and the formal submission of plans for review. Maintaining consistent personnel on both sides will help expedite projects as they move through the process.
- Project Construction: Staff will inspect projects to ensure they comply with approved plans and City codes. Again, the City's intent is "no surprises."
Additionally, the City will seek continual feedback from the private sector on the quality of this process. Deputy City Manager Fred Marty serves as the primary contact for this process. His contact information is at right.