Within Springfield's city limits, all tent and canopy permits are issued by the Fire Department. All tents, canopies or other membrane structures erected within the City of Springfield shall adhere to all provisions of Chapter 31 of the 2012 Edition of the International Fire Code as adopted by the City. Additional provisions of Chapter 31 will be required as determined by the fire code official.
View more information on tent & canopy guidelines.
Please note–tent permits are not valid until:
- The fully erected tent and interior set up pass an onsite inspection. The applicant is responsible for calling 864-1500 to schedule the inspection at least 48 hours in advance of the beginning of the event.
- The certificate of flame retardant rating for the tent is obtained and presented at the time of the onsite inspection.
- Tents must be adequately roped, braced, and anchored to withstand weather conditions at the time of the event. Weight calculations must be provided upon request.
- This permit shall remain in effect from the issue to expiration date and shall be revoked if the Guidelines for Tents/Canopies, Chapter 54 of the Springfield City Code, and the currently adopted International Fire Code, are not followed.
- The permit is good for one event only.
- Absolutely no refunds on permit
- A copy of this permit must be kept onsite and presented during the inspection.
Tent Permit:Current fee $88.00