Community Room Locations
- 720 E. Grand - Station 1
- 2750 W. Kearney - Station 5
- 2620 W. Battlefield - Station 6
- 1405 S. Scenic - Station 8
- 2455 S. Blackman - Station 12
Interested in reserving a room? If so, download this Community Room Agreement Form.
As a service to the community, rooms are available at Fire Stations #1, #5, #6, #8 and #12 that can be used by neighborhood groups for special events. The room is a service to the citizens and is available through the cooperation of all parties involved. Use of the room is restricted to not-for-profit activities only. The following policies have been adopted to ensure fairness to all who would like to enjoy the benefits of this addition. They are not meant to be overly restrictive nor prevent users from enjoying the facilities.
**COMMUNITY ROOM RENTALS ARE $35.00 and will be $39.00 EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014**
- All community rooms are handicapped accessible.
- No internet access is available in any of the community rooms.
- The occupancy in all community rooms is limited to 50.
- Each community room has a refrigerator, microwave, sink, vacuum or dust mop, and a television.
- The facility at Fire Station #1 is a 33’ x 23’ room with 8 tables, 39 chairs available. In addition to the above-mentioned items this station also has 2 televisions, a projector, a DVD/VCR player; however, it does not play homemade DVD’s.
- The facility at Fire Station #5 is a 19’ x 28’ block room that is entirely handicapped accessible. There are 6 tables, 59 chairs available. In addition to the above-mentioned items, this station also has a VCR and a projection screen with a stand. This station does not have a television or DVD player and only has a mini refrigerator.
- The facility at Fire Station #6 is a 26’ x 30’ room with 30 chairs and 13 tables available. In addition to the above-mentioned items, this station also has an electric drop-down screen and 2 televisions. There is no DVD/VCR player or projector at this station.**PLEASE NOTE**-THIS COMMUNITY ROOM IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WEEKENDS
- The facility at Fire Station #8 is a 37’ x 27’ room with 37 chairs and 16 tables available. In addition to the above-mentioned items, this station also has a television, VCR/DVD player, and a pull-down screen.
- The facility at Fire Station #12 is a 28’ x 28’ room with 40 chairs and 13 tables available. In addition to the above-mentioned items, this station also has a VCR/DVD player, a ceiling mounted video projector, and two ceiling mounted televisions.
- To reserve the facility, call the Fire Department at 864-1516. You will need to provide the following information: type of event, date and time of event, contact name, contact address and phone number and event duration. If there is no one available, you may also call 864-1500. Station tours are not a part of this reservation but are available upon request. We do request 10 days advance notice.
- Reservations require a $35.00 fee through June 30, 2014 and will go to $39.00 effective July 1, 2014. The room is to be left clean and restored to the original set-up, upon your departure or additional fees may be incurred. The fee and the signed contract must be received by 4 pm 5 business days prior to the event or the reservation will automatically be cancelled to allow other interested parties the chance to utilize the community room. A fee is required for everyone except City, County, State, or Federal government entities located in the Springfield city limits that have the ability to levy taxes. The fee may be mailed to Springfield Fire Dept., 830 Boonville, Springfield, MO 65802. Please make checks payable to "City of Springfield" and include the date of the event and the community room being used. A receipt will be issued for all cash payments received. Note: It may take up to 30 days to receive a refund check on cancellations. We do not accept credit cards.
- Failure to return the rental agreement does not exempt the responsible party from the rules stated within the rental agreement. Furthermore, receipt of your payment acknowledges your agreement and acceptance of all the rules in the rental agreement.
- Rooms may not be reserved more than 60 days in advance; consecutive bookings are not allowed. Priority will be given to Fire Dept. activities. No organization may use a community room more than twice in a 60 day period. Community rooms may not be booked for more than 8 hours at a time, without approval from the Fire Chief.
Day of Event
- The doors should be unlocked prior to request; however, circumstances could arise that fire crews may be out of the station. If this occurs, contact 862-7911 and request that the dispatcher contact Battalion 1 about getting Fire Stations #1, #5 or #12 unlocked. If you need access to Fire Station #6 or #8, you will need to request Battalion 8 be contacted. No parking is allowed in front or behind the station vehicle doors. The firefighters that you share the facility with can assist you if problems arise. Please ask to speak with the Captain if you need assistance.
- The facility will be clean upon your arrival. Waste cans are provided for all trash. Before leaving the facility, please empty the waste cans in the dumpster located behind the station. A dust mop and broom are inside the closet so the floors can be swept. If floors are carpeted, a vacuum is also available. All tables should be cleaned and restored to the original set-up. Washcloths for cleaning are located under the counter and may be hung in the restroom once you are finished. The user must supply all food service requirements such as plates, napkins, clean-up supplies, etc.
- Once you have completed your activities and the room has been restored to its original state, you may leave without notifying the firefighters. They will have a schedule and will know when to lock the building.
Rules for Use
- If the meeting is scheduled to run into the night, please be considerate of the firefighters that may be sleeping next to this room. They usually retire by 10:00 p.m. The firefighters will likewise be considerate of your event.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed on fire department property.
- Tobacco use is allowed outside and in designated areas only.
- No sales of any type or exchange of funds are permitted in the Community Room.
- The user will pay for any damage to the facility and/or its belongings within fifteen days.
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of those used for personal assistance (i.e. seeing-eye dogs).
- We reserve the right to limit activities that might interfere with normal fire station activities.
- There will be no disc jockeys or loud music allowed. If there is going to be singing or any other type of low-volume music, you will only be allowed to use Fire Station #1 or #8 because of the location of the bedrooms in relation to the Community Rooms.
- As the community room is the property of the City of Springfield, to avoid the appearance of any suggestion of improper partisanship, endorsement or partiality in the use of the premises, political activities on the premises, other than the use of the room as a duly sanctioned election polling place in a municipal, county, state or federal election, are prohibited.
Improper political activities shall include, but not be limited to:
- speeches, rallies or other gatherings in connection with the promotion of a candidate for any public office, or in connection with a legislative or election issue;
- political party or committee or other organizational meetings of any kind;
- activities of any kind in connection with any petition for the calling of an election or for presentation to a governing political body or official;
- political fundraising activities;
- and any meetings or other activities intended to promote the candidacy of a person for any public office or for the promotion of any legislative or election issue;
- and any activities intended to register persons to vote or increase voter turnout.
We are proud to be of service to our community, and hope you find our rooms a nice place for your meetings.
The renting responsible party agrees to be responsible for and reimburse to the City of Springfield Fire Department any costs associated with any repairs to, or replacement of, any property or equipment damaged, stolen or lost caused by any member of the renting party, except for normal wear and tear as deemed appropriate by the Springfield Fire Department.