Everyday throughout the Ozarks, hundreds of volunteers give the "gift of time" to non-profit, public and human-service organizations. Many volunteers have full schedules even before their volunteer activities. But because they consider volunteerism vital, they lend their time, talent and resources with boundless generosity, spirit and enthusiasm.
Since 1991, the "Gift of Time" awards have recognized volunteers who contribute thousands of hours to make life better for our friends and neighbors here in the Ozarks. We invite you to participate by nominating a member of your volunteer team for a "Gift of Time" award. An impartial team of business and civic leaders will review each nominee based on information you provide.
Ten nominees are selected each year as the Volunteers of the Year. The Announcement of the award recipients remains a secret to everyone, including the winners, until the Gift of Time Luncheon, June 13, 2013 at the Ramada Oasis Convention Center. All nominees will be recognized for their volunteer efforts during the luncheon.
The Rosanna Bradshaw Memorial Wall of Fame was established in 1994 to honor volunteers through the Gift of Time awards. Portraits of Gift of Time award recipients in the Rosanna Bradshaw Memorial Wall of Fame are on display in the Busch Building throughout the year. The Wall of Fame's namesake was an active volunteer in the Ozarks for many years and helped to create the Gift of Time program.
Nominations are encouraged for all ages. All rules must be followed or nominee will be disqualified.
- The nomination deadline has been extended! Nominations will now be accepted until 5 p.m., Monday, May 6.
- Nominations must be typed or computer generated.
- Type the required information in its entirety, followed by your response.
- Nominations will not be accepted for individuals whose service is related to their paid position or financial/in-kind donations to an organization.
- Please refer to your nominee(s) by name on the registration form ONLY. Do not place the nominee’s name in your responses; refer to them as he or she only. Nominees will not be identified by name in the judging process.
- Previous Gift of Time award winners are not eligible.
- In 500 words or less, tell us why your nominee's recent contributions and service to the community should be recognized. What makes him or her special? How are they making a difference in the community?
- List the organizations with which your nominee is involved, and describe his or her service with each group, as well as the number of volunteer hours contributed to each group.
- Please remember that a well-written entry is more likely to catch the judges’ attention. You may want to consider having someone with strong writing skills compose the essay. Make sure the entry does justice to your nominee’s dedication and hard work!
If nominating by mail, fax, or e-mail be sure to include the following information:
- Name of Nominee
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Nominating Organization/Individual
- Contact Person
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
During the open nomination period, they may be submitted online, by mail, fax, or e-mail. A confirmation letter will be sent upon receipt of your nomination. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact us at 417.862.3586.
Send Nominations To:
Mail: Gift of Time, Council of Churches of the Ozarks, PO Box 3947, Springfield, MO 65808-3947
email@example.com Subject: Attn: Gift of Time Nomination
Need more information? Call 417.862.3586.