Jordan Valley Park
Mediacom Ice Park
- Two NHL-regulation size ice sheets for recreational and figure skating, youth and adult hockey along with skate rentals, meeting and party rooms, concessions and outdoor plaza.
- Funding - Funds from Hotel/Motel tax approved by 75% of voters in 1998 and user fees.
- Design - Walker Parking Consultants, HOK Sport Venue & Event Architecture and Creative Ink Architects
Creamery Arts Center
- Home to the Springfield Regional Arts Council, Springfield Ballet, Springfield Regional Opera Lyric Theater and the Springfield Symphony as well as office for the Community Center and an Arts Patronage Initiative.
- Hosts workshops, classes, receptions, and board meetings for numerous arts and cultural agencies.
- $1.5 million approved in state tax credits to offset private donations
- Read more about the Creamery
Ozark Stream and Fountain
The fountain is currently operating with 30-minute shows at the top of every hour, 10 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. From 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. the show is continuous. This schedule is subject to change due to fountain maintenance, park rentals or community events.
Fountain Fun Facts
As a very popular spot to cool off, the Ozark Stream and Fountain has many interesting features:
- It was designed to emulate an Ozarks stream with its meandering water complete with waterfalls, ripples, sound and a portion that disappears under the walkway.
- Materials: Two colors of granite (rose and black).
- The entire system is computer controlled.
- Fountain includes:
- 18 Microshooter Jets (Air and Water powered)
- 36 Analog Jets
- Stream has 8 Jellyfish (another type of water jet) along the upper portion
- Water Volume of entire system: approx. 21,000 gallons
- Designer: WET Design, Los Angeles, CA (the same company that designed the $60,000,000 fountains at the Bellagio in Las Vegas NV, among hundreds throughout the world).
When there are to be concerts in the park the fountain can be turned off and the top surface of the fountain becomes the stage.