Business Licensing

Business License Applications
Starting a new business?
Participating in a craft or trade show?

Please download the appropriate application, complete and E-mail it back to:

Business Licenses and Permits

Generally, these are required to do business, sell to the public, or solicit funds in the City of Springfield. Citizens should always ask to see a City license from anyone selling door-to-door or asking for donations, either in person or by phone.

The City is committed to a one-stop philosophy to make licensing convenient. Licenses or permits are required for:

  • Garage sales: Limited to two sales in any 12-month period.
  • Apartments: Anyone with two or more units must be licensed and have a registered local agent.
  • Business/occupational license: Anyone selling or offering products or services must obtain a license, including door-to-door selling.
  • Parking permits: Issued annually for persons in the Kickapoo, Rountree, Phelps Grove or mid-town parking districts.
  • Cigarette sales: Required to sell, deliver or display cigarettes in the city.
  • Liquor and beer: Required to sell or barter. Zoning restrictions also apply.

Special Tax Districts and Bills

The Licensing Division also issues tax bills for weed mowing, demolition, sewer construction, nuisances and health abatements. Interest and liens are permitted subject to a variety of safeguards and hearings to protect the rights of every citizen.

finance; collage of money, credit card and calculator department of finance home

Contact Us

Busch Municipal Building
First Floor
840 Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802

Related Links