A clean neighborhood has an impact on residents' health and the attractiveness of the neighborhood to potential residents and investors. Creating a clean neighborhood is primarily the responsibility of neighborhood residents. Residents and property owners are responsible for maintaining their private homes and properties. The City can assist through enforcement of ordinances and administration of programs to remove chronic nuisances and blight. The City is responsible for maintaining public properties.
Following a lengthy discussion about trash collection at the May 8th Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting (NAC), Council Zone Representatives recommended the City’s Organized Neighborhoods conduct a survey of their membership to determine what their position would be on a variety of trash related questions. A survey was drafted for neighborhoods to distribute to their membership to receive some preliminary feedback on this issue. View the survey results.
- Use our Service Request system to report a variety of neighborhood issues such as trash, weeds, front yard parking, inoperable vehicles, and other nuisances. The appropriate department will address the situation.
- Graffiti reporting
- Recycling services and facilities
- Stormwater pollution reporting
- Adopt-a-Street to help keep streets free of trash and debris.
- Adopt-a-Stream to help keep streams free of trash and debris
- Right-of-Way Sign Removal Training. Call 417-864-1010 for future training dates
- Neighborhood Teams
Neighborhood Clean-up Program
The Neighborhood Clean-up Program is an annual program available to Registered Neighborhoods in the City of Springfield. The City accepts applications for participation in the Program on an annual basis. The Program is intended to reduce neighborhood clutter, nuisances and create a renewed sense of pride by providing dumpsters for neighborhood residents to dispose of items not typically allowed in routine trash disposal.
- Success Through Neighborhood Clean-ups (booklet)
- 2013/2014 Schedule
- 2014/2015 Application (coming soon!)