The Planning and Development Department is responsible for preparing and maintaining the City's comprehensive plan with the involvement of citizens, the Planning and Zoning Commission, and City Council. The comprehensive plan serves as a policy guide for the overall development of the community.
The Planning Services team provides staffing to the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which is a multi-jurisdictional organization that plans and coordinates major transportation improvements in Springfield and the surrounding urbanized area of Greene County.
The Planning Services team also processes annexation requests, coordinates annual preparation of the Capital Improvements Program, prepares special planning studies, and provides information about development and socio-economic trends in the community.
Documents and Reports
- Center City (30.7 mb)
- Community Facilities (8.3 mb)
- Community Physical Image and Character (2.6 mb)
- Growth Management and Land Use (17.7 mb)
- Historic Preservation (1.9 mb)
- Neighborhoods (1.9 mb)
- Parks, Open Space, and Greenways (29.8 mb)
- Transportation (10.5 mb)
Capital Improvement Program
- Growth Trends Through December 2008 (1.8 mb)
- Strategic Plan (730k)
- Year End Report, Year 3 (226k)
- Year End Report, Year 2 (255k)
- Year End Report, Year 1 (234k)