Business Recycling Program
As employers, bulk purchasers, and providers of goods and services to the public, businesses are in a unique position to set a good example about recycling and waste reduction. Not only is this an environmentally responsible business practice, it can also have many benefits to the business. These include:
- Lower disposal costs - Trash pick-up fees are volume-based.
- Lower purchasing costs - Taking a look at purchasing and use of supplies can reveal opportunities for reuse, eliminating wasteful use, and buying in bulk.
- Revenue from recovered materials - Research current markets for recyclables and waste materials.
- Improved image - Environmental consciousness is on the rise. Many consumers may choose products or services based on the company's environmental record.
- Improved employee morale - Participation in recycling and waste reduction efforts inspires employee pride.
- Ozarks Green Score - Businesses in the Ozarks can utilize the GreenScore worksheet to quantitatively assess their performance on key criteria such as waste management, energy management, policy management, etc.
- Less is More - A Guide to Reducing Waste and Improving Profits
- Waste Prevention Pays Off: Companies Cut Waste in the Workplace
- Waste Wise Updates