Yardwaste Recycling Center
The Yardwaste Recycling Center is located near the Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant. The services of the Yardwaste Recycling Center are available for residents of Springfield and Greene County. Products are for sale to the general public, regardless of residency.
- Recycling Center and Yardwaste Recycling Center brochure
- Compost and Mulch Products Available at the Yardwaste Recycling Center
Guidelines: Some Fees Apply
Please read all information carefully
Yardwaste is defined as bulk or bagged grass clippings, leaves, garden and flowerbed vegetation, and small, non-woody shrub trimmings.
Policies for brush from residences inside the city limits of Springfield:
- Brush delivered from a Springfield residence by the homeowner; or
- Brush delivered from a rental house by the tenant.
- Non-Commercial Brush Charges
$3 per vehicle (pick-up + trailer = one vehicle)
The Yardwaste Recycling Center is the only location residential brush in pickup loads and larger will be accepted. These large quantities are not accepted at the Recycling Centers at Lone Pine or Franklin.
- Limbs must be cut to 4' maximum length.
- Limbs up to 6" in diameter are acceptable loose.
- Limbs over 6" in diameter and root balls must be taken to the Springfield Sanitary Landfill.
- Brush that is already chipped is accepted at the Yardwaste Recycling Center subject to existing fees. We reserve the right to limit quantities accepted.
Citizens bringing brush from residences outside the city limits of Springfield are requested to pay the honor system fee of 50 cents per bundle. A bundle is defined as brush no more than 18" in diameter with branches less than 6" in diameter cut no longer than 4' long.
Commercial brush is defined as brush generated:
- From rental property by the owner;
- By individuals; businesses/lawn care companies that are hired to cut and/or haul brush;
- From any business or commercial operation.
|1/2 ton pickup or similar size trailer||$10|
|1-ton pickup or similar size trailer||$20|
|Single axle dump truck||$30|
|Roll-off boxes||$2/cu. yd.|
plus 50% compaction charge
Yardwaste: Leaves & Grass Clippings
- Yardwaste is accepted at no charge from residences within the city limits of Springfield.
- Citizens bringing yardwaste from outside the city limits of Springfield are requested to pay an honor system fee of 50 cents per bag.
- Yardwaste is accepted from commercial haulers and lawn services at no charge.
Payment may be made by:
- Coupons which are available in $10 and $50 amounts from the Finance Department.
- Cash or check paid on site.
Hours and Location
West on Sunshine (Highway 60). Turn left (south) onto Farm Road 115. Turn left (east) on Farm Road 164. Follow signs. Or go west on James River Freeway to Sunshine (Highway 60). Turn right (east) onto Farm Road 115. Turn left onto Farm Road 164. Follow signs.
Open Tuesday through Saturday throughout the year:
Summer Hours: 8am-6pm (loading 9am until 5 pm) (1st Tuesday in April until the 1st Tuesday in November)
Winter Hours: 8am-5pm (loading 9am until 4pm) (1st Tuesday in November until the 1st Tuesday in April)
Open Sunday during peak season 1 pm-5 pm, (1st Sunday in April through the 3rd Sunday in May;1st Sunday in November through the 1st Sunday in December)
Closed for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day, Easter Sunday.