For Immediate Release: Victim Witness Assistance
The Springfield Police Department would like to remind the general public about victim/witness assistance programs available to them if they are the victim in an abusive situation. Any of the below facilities offer a variety of services that can assist in a relationship in which the victim is having difficulty dealing with.
Battered and Abused Assistance-Local 417-864-7233
- Provides individuals, male or female in physically, mentally or emotionally environments with counseling services. No overnights available, but information is provided for other possible overnight stays.
Alternative Opportunities Treatment Services 417-862-3455
- Provide drug and alcohol treatment services with resident and out-patient services. Women only.
Harmony House 417-837-7730
- Shelter services for women and their children who are victims of domestic abuse. Counseling, housing, court liaison, and transportation to and from hospitals for medical issues provided. Case managers are assigned to each member who is given housing.
Harbor House 417-831-7746
- 3-6 month program for single adult males, with some shelter options. Drug and alcohol free with 0 tolerance policy. Individual will be asked to meet with a case manager and establish a living plan.
Salvation Army 417-862-5509
- Provides a family enrichment center for individuals who need a shelter to stay at temporarily. Shelter can be for victims of domestic violence, but affected individuals will be transitioned into more skilled care at longer term facilities.
Victory Mission-Women 417-882-2540
School for women. The Program offers life skill classes and job training along with possible internships. Transitional program is 1 year long, and the members' children can live with them during the transition.
Media Contact: Cpl. Matt Brown, phone 417-864-1786
Release authorized by: Lt. Ben King