Want to be notified of ordinance changes, training opportunities, and other news?
The Stormwater Engineering Division implemented a comprehensive land disturbance permit program in 2009, including revision of erosion and sediment control BMP standards and requirements. The following is a list of the major components of the City's program:
- Land Disturbance Permit (LDP)
- Checklist for obtaining a Land Disturbance Permit, fee information, and forms for permit application, renewal and termination.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Complete guide to choosing, installing, and maintaining BMPs. Complete with the narratives and details needed for Stormwater Pollution Plan (SWPPP).
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Templates, checklists and other tools to prepare the required Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) in order to obtain a Land Disturbance Permit.
- Inspection and Enforcement
- Sites operating under a City Land Disturbance Permit must be inspected weekly, as well as after ½" rainfall events, to assess BMP effectiveness. An inspection checklist can be found here.
- Training/Outreach Materials
- Other helpful brochures and websites.