Report Stormwater Pollution
To report spills, dumping or draining of pollutants to the street, storm drain, drainageway, or waterway, call the Stormwater Engineering Division at 417.864.1011 or submit a Citizen Service Request. For spill emergencies after normal business hours, please contact the Springfield Fire Department.
What to watch for:
- Dumping of motor oil, chemicals, trash, or yardwaste
- Commercially generated wash waters (i.e. washing of vehicles, equipment, tools, structures, or from services such as carpet cleaning)
- Improper outdoor storage of chemicals and other materials that can pollute the ground or stormwater runoff
- Dirt from construction sites, or other erosion problems
- Drainageways or waterways with an unusual appearance or odor