Agendas & Minutes
Note: Packets for a designated meeting include the minutes from the previous meeting.
- Agenda & Info - 4/19/11
- Agenda & Info - 3/15/11
- Agenda & Info - 2/15/11
- Agenda & Info - 1/18/11
- Agenda & Info - 12/14/10
- Agenda & Info - 11/23/10
- Agenda & Info - 10/26/10
- Initial Meeting Agenda and Info - 9/28/10
These are PDF's of PowerPoint presentations for each meeting.
Overview and Charge
Springfield must make additional investments in its wastewater system to continue meeting regulatory requirements and to proect the environment. The Wastewater Improvements Task Force will help improve this community asset by integrating community values throughout the process.
This task force will answer the following questions:
- What principles should guide Springfield's investment decisions and rate setting?
- How much should Springfield invest in maintaining infrasctructure?
- How should rates be set to fairly and equitably recover costs from all customers?
- What type of financial best practices should be implemented in improve the financial sustainability of the utility?
- What sort of program should Springfield implement to address basement backups?
- What sort of program should Springfield develop to address private connections and private lateral issues?
- What sort of program should be put in place to address overflows related to satellite communities?
The task force will also provide the Mayor and City Council written recommendations regarding the rate setting process.