The following is a shortened summary of the public education element of Vision 20/20. For a detailed look at this element, please download and read the full Action Plan Summary.
Strategic Action Plan
- Create and implement a public awareness plan for Springfield Public Schools with non-tax dollars that will inform the public of the unique learning opportunities available at Springfield Public Schools as well as create a greater awareness of the quality of education that is currently available for students.
- Expand the efforts to offer alternative revenue sources like income tax or sales tax to increase funding and stabilize the revenue stream for Springfield Public Schools.
- Continuation of a Vision 20/20 Education Planning Group that will continue to monitor progress of accepted recommendations and provide valuable feedback on critical issues involving education.
- Support the creation of a Commission on Children to focus on critical early childhood initiatives and issues.
- Create school choice options within the public school district by providing programs and schools that offer unique learning environments and opportunities.
- Continue to place emphasis on academic achievement by reducing or maintaining class sizes at the “desirable” level as recognized in the Missouri School Improvement Plan.