For Immediate Release
Park Board closures and cancelations due to weather
Icy weather conditions are impacting several Park Board programs, activities and facilities today, Friday, Dec. 13. Updated cancellation and closure information is posted first at www.parkboard.org and www.facebook.com/theparkboard .
Facilities and programs impacted include:
- All classes and programs at Doling Family Center are canceled Friday, Dec. 13, due to weather. Doling Family Center remains open. Details at 837-5900.
- Tonight's (Friday's) Tablescapes Series: The Dickensian Christmas, is postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18, 6 p.m. at the Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center. Call 891-1515 for details/registration.
- Rutledge Wilson Farm Park- closed Friday, Dec. 13.
- Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park's Candy Cane Lane light display will be closed Friday, Dec. 13, due to poor road conditions.
- Lake Springfield Park- closed Friday, Dec. 13 due to poor road conditions.
- Valley Water Mill Equestrian Center- closed Friday, Dec. 13
- Lost Hill Park- closed Friday, Dec. 13
- Northview Center (837-5808) is open today and serving lunch to seniors, but several Northview programs are closed, including:
- Line Dance Practice – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Book Club – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Bingo – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Creative Writing Class – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Accessible Recreation's Discovering the Ozarks Trip – postponed to Friday, Dec. 20
- Step by Step Studio Center dance– canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Advisory Council's Country Dance canceled Saturday, Dec. 14
For media inquiries, call Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-874-2176 or 417-224-5510.