For Immediate Release
Updated Park Board closures, cancellations
Icy weather conditions are impacting several Park Board programs, activities and facilities today, Friday, Dec. 13. Updated cancellation and closure information is posted first at www.parkboard.org and www.facebook.com/theparkboard .
Facilities and programs impacted include (updated since 11 a.m.):
- The Saturday, Dec. 14 Outdoor Initiatives Archery Clinic and Tournament at Valley Water Mill Park is canceled.
- The Saturday, Dec. 14 Outdoor Initiatives Little Critters Holiday Nature Crafts & Games at the Watershed Center in Valley Water Mill Park is canceled.
- SPARC Basketball Registration Event is rescheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 17, 4-7 p.m. at Truman Elementary. This event was postponed from Dec. 10 due to weather. This is the last chance to sign up for SPARC Basketball 837-5737
- SPARC Snow Day Camp is open today (Friday, Dec. 3) and every Springfield Public Schools snow day, at the Oak Grove Community Center. Activities for kids 5-12, $12/day. 891-1635.
- Lake Springfield Park- open as of 2:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 13.
Announced previously today:
- All classes and programs at Doling Family Center are canceled Friday, Dec. 13, due to weather. Doling Family Center remains open. Details at 837-5900.
- Tonight's (Friday's) Tablescapes Series: The Dickensian Christmas, is postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18, 6 p.m. at the Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center. Call 891-1515 for details/registration.
- Rutledge Wilson Farm Park- closed Friday, Dec. 13.
- Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park's Candy Cane Lane light display will be closed Friday, Dec. 13, due to poor road conditions.
- Valley Water Mill Equestrian Center- closed Friday, Dec. 13
- Lost Hill Park- closed Friday, Dec. 13
- Several Northview Center (837-5808) programs are canceled, including:
- Line Dance Practice – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Book Club – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Bingo – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Creative Writing Class – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Accessible Recreation's Discovering the Ozarks Trip – postponed to Friday, Dec. 20
- Step by Step Studio Center Dance – canceled Friday, Dec. 13
- Advisory Council's Country Dance – canceled Saturday, Dec. 14
For media inquiries, call Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-874-2176 or 417-224-5510.