For Immediate Release
First Surplus Properties Out for Bid
The City of Springfield is now accepting sealed bids on the first group of surplus properties being offered for sale.
Of the initial 64 property listings, there were expressions of interest in 34 parcels. This first group of five was randomly selected from the 34 properties to establish and test the bidding process. Bids for additional groups of properties will be posted every few weeks.
Bids will be accepted until 3 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009.
The properties for sale are:
- 917 N. Douglas Ave., zoned as a single-family residential lot.
- 935 N. Missouri Ave., zoned as a single-family residential lot.
- 4126 W. Junction St., zoned for general manufacturing, but with a note that there would be complications in developing for
- 821 N. Rogers Ave., zoned as a single-family residential lot.
- 1221 S. Crutcher Ave., zoned as a single-family residential lot, but it is unplatted and no clear title is available.
The complete bid document is available on the City Web site - www.springfieldmo.gov - in a special section on the homepage that also includes a link to the interactive map and other material related to the surplus property sale.
Potential bidders also may contact the Purchasing Department at 864-1620 for additional information.
The City continues to accept inquiries about the remaining properties on the list. Anyone without access to the Internet can view maps with locations of the properties at the Busch Building lobby from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Net proceeds from the sale of the properties will be returned to the fund from which each property was purchased, up to the amount of the purchase price. The City Council has stated its intent to put any additional proceeds from the sales into the Police-Fire Pension Fund.
For more information, contact: Deputy City Manager Evelyn Honea, 864-1004.