For Immediate Release
Second Group of Surplus Property Open for Bids
The City of Springfield is now accepting sealed bids on the second group of surplus properties being offered for sale.
The second group has seven parcels being offered for bid. These are part of the initial 64 listings for surplus properties the City intends to offer. Groups of additional properties will be posted every few weeks.
Bids will be accepted until 3 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30, 2009.
The properties for sale are:
- 1735 N. Clay Ave. - Zoned single-family residential
- 827 S. Weaver Ave. - Zoned single-family residential
- 916 S. Market Ave. - Zoned single-family residential
- 900 W. College St -- Zoned Commercial Services District (This parcel is 50-feet wide and may be difficult to develop.)
- 2305 W. Nichols St. - Zoned single-family residential
- 2632 W. Brower St. - Zoned single-family residential
- 2808 W. Olive St. - Zoned single-family residential
The complete bid documents for Groups 1 and 2 are available on the City Web site – www.springfieldmo.gov - in a special section on the homepage that also includes a link to the interactive map and other material related to the surplus property sale.
Potential bidders also may contact the Purchasing Department at 864-1620 for additional information.
The City is accepting bids on the Group 1 properties through 3 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 5. Anyone without access to the Internet can view maps with locations of the properties at the Busch Building lobby from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Net proceeds from the sale of the properties will be returned to the fund from which each property was purchased, up to the amount of the purchase price. The City Council has stated its intent to put any additional proceeds from the sales into the Police-Fire Pension Fund.
For more information, contact: Louise Whall, Director of Public Information, 864-1010.