For Immediate Release
Fort Ave Closure South of Sunshine
Fort Avenue south of Sunshine to Washita Street will be closed to allow for intersection improvements beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009. The intersection will re-open at 6 a.m., Monday, Nov. 23, weather permitting.
Motorists are advised to take the marked detour along Cherokee Street, Kansas Expressway and Sunshine Street. Local access will be allowed to the are via Washita Street.
Intersection improvements at Fort and Sunshine include:
- Adding a “free right” turn lane on northbound Fort onto eastbound Sunshine
- Adding a “free right” turn lane on southbound Fort onto westbound Sunshine
- Adding “free right” turn lanes on Sunshine onto Fort in both directions
- Expanding left turn lanes on Fort in both directions
- Signal, sidewalk and storm water runoff improvements
This project is funded for by the ¼-Cent Sales Tax For Capital Improvements.
For more information, contact: Dave Shalla, Public Works, (417) 864-1945.