For Immediate Release
Church Burglar Charged
Joshua L. Higgins, 22, of Springfield has been charged with 13 counts of 2nd Degree Burglary and one count 1st Degree Burglary. Police believe that Higgins is responsible for the rash of church burglaries that started in August. In most of the church burglaries cash was taken after Higgins made forced entry into the churches.
Police are continuing to investigate several other burglaries and further charges are possible. Higgins’ bond was set at $50,000.
Higgins was charged with burglary at the following locations.
- 3535 N. Glenstone—Praise Assembly Church of God (two counts)
- 3114 E. Sunset—Harvest Ministries
- 3111 E. Battlefield—Second Baptist Church
- 2722 W. Mt. Vernon—Good News Worship Center
- 2110 S. Blackman Road—Glendale Baptist Church
- 4221 S. National Ave—Seminole Baptist Church
- 2121 S. Blackman Road—Hope Community Church
- 922 W. Republic Road—Wesley United Methodist (two counts)
- 2848 N. Broadway Ave—Truth Community Church (two counts)
- 2655 N. Grant Ave—Baptist Temple
SPD Case Number: 09-44672
Media Contact: Lt. David Millsap, phone: 417-864-1751; Release authorized by: Lt. David Millsap