For Immediate Release
New Web Site for Bee Payne-Stewart Strut
Registration for the 2010 Bee Payne-Stewart Strut is now available online at a new Web site launched today, www.bpsSTRUT.com. Five local restaurants also are supporting the race early on through ‘Strut Night Outs’, where each will donate a portion of restaurant sales to the walk/Strut proceeds.
The Strut will kick off at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 24, at Mediacom Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway, and wind its way through downtown Springfield.
‘Strut Night Out’ locations include:
- Sunday, Feb. 28: Boomers Campus Sports Bar & Grill, 631 S. Kimbrough Ave. Donations accepted all day (noon – midnight) from patrons.
- Monday, April 12: McDonalds, 501 W. Sunshine (across from Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World). Ten percent of all proceeds from 4-8 p.m.
- Monday, April 19: Q’doba Mexican Grill (all three Springfield locations). Ten percent of all proceeds from 5-8 p.m.
- Thursday, April 22: Rivals Casual Grille, 3662 S. Glenstone Ave. Ten percent of all proceeds from 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 24: Houlihan’s Restaurant at the Doubletree Hotel Springfield, 2431 N. Glenstone Ave. Ten percent of all proceeds the entire day.
The Strut Grand Community Kick-off & Social will take place from 5:30 – 7 p.m., Tuesday, March 23 at Cooper Tennis Complex, 2331 E. Pythian St. Team captains, student athletes from three benefiting universities, event sponsors and ‘struters’ are invited to network and kick off their fundraising efforts.
The Bee Payne-Stewart Strut is a 1.4-mile community walk in support of women’s athletics and youth programs in Springfield. The money raised from the event provides funds to Drury, Evangel and Missouri State University women’s athletic programs, the Springfield-Greene County Park Board Scholarship Fund and the Women’s Intersports Network (WIN).
For more information, media contact: Anne Mary McGrath, Strut Committee, 417-864-1338 or 417-353-3514.