For Immediate Release
Lasers Season Includeds Visits by Davenport, Hingis
The Springfield, Mo. Lasers professional tennis team will host seven home matches this 2010 World TeamTennis Pro League season, with special Springfield visits by former Women’s World No. 1 players Lindsay Davenport on Monday, July 5 (home opener) and Martina Hingis on Saturday, July 17.
Tickets for both the Davenport and Hingis home matches are now ONLY available by buying 2010 Lasers season tickets. The Individual Tickets release date for all home matches will be announced later this month. Season tickets are $65 for grand stand and $135 for chair-back, and can be purchased online now at www.springfieldlasers.com.
Career highlight information for Davenport and Hingis is available at www.wtt.com/playerspage.aspx.
The 2010 WTT Pro League schedule includes 73 matches in 10 markets, beginning July 5 and running through July 22. The Eastern and Western Conference Champions will battle for the WTT Championship title on July 25.
Springfield Lasers team roster will be finalized at the WTT Roster Draft at 10 a.m. CDT, Tuesday, March 16 on wtt.com.
Springfield Lasers 2010 schedule:
- *Monday, July 5 – St. Louis Aces @ Springfield Lasers (Lindsay Davenport visit)
- Tuesday, July 6 – Springfield Lasers @ St. Louis Aces
- Wednesday, July 7 – Kansas City Aces @ Springfield Lasers
- Friday, July 9 – Springfield Lasers @ Sacramento Capitals
- Sunday, July 11 – Newport Beach Breakers @ Springfield Lasers
- Monday, July 12 – Springfield Lasers @ New York Sportimes (John McEnroe)
- Tuesday, July 13 – Springfield Lasers @ Boston Lobsters
- Thursday, July 15 – Springfield Lasers @ Kansas City
- Friday, July 16 – Sacramento Capitals @ Springfield Lasers
- *Saturday, July 17 – New York Buzz @ Springfield Lasers (Martina Hingis visit)
- Monday, July 19 – Newport Beach Breakers @ Springfield Lasers
- Tuesday, July 20 – Sacramento Capitals @ Springfield Lasers
- Wednesday, July 21 – Springfield Lasers @ Newport Beach Breakers
- Thursday, July 22 – Springfield Lasers @ Sacramento Capitals
- Friday, July 23 - Conference Championships – location TBD
- Western #1 vs. Western #2
- Eastern #1 vs. Eastern #2
- Sunday, July 25 - WTT Championship Finals – location TBD
All Lasers home matches are played at the 2,500-seat outdoor Mediacom Tennis Stadium at Cooper Tennis Complex, 2331 E. Pythian St. In the event of inclement weather, matches are moved indoors.
In 2009, the Lasers had a perfect 8-0 record at home (ties WTT record), were the WTT Western Conference Champions and WTT Championship Finalists.
World Team Tennis (WTT) showcases both the best in professional and recreational team tennis with the innovative co‐ed team format co‐founded by Billie Jean King in the 1970s. The WTT Pro League, which celebrates its 35th season in July 2010, is a showcase for three generations of tennis standouts, including legends, current tour players and future champions. Since the League’s debut in 1974, virtually every major champion of the Open era has played World TeamTennis.
Official WTT Pro League sponsors for the 2010 season include DecoTurf, GEICO, Novo Nordisk, Turfer Athletic and Wilson Racquet Sports. The United States Tennis Association (USTA) is a minority owner and promotional partner of World TeamTennis. For more information, visit www.WTT.com .
For more information, media call: Bob Belote, Team Advisor, 417-864-1327; Bob Nelson, Public Information Administrator, 417-874-2176 or 417-839-2005.