For Immediate Release
Bid Deadline for Surplus Properties Group 10: July 23
The deadline for sealed bids on the tenth group of surplus properties being offered for sale by the City of Springfield is 3 p.m., Friday, July 23.
The tenth group includes nine parcels being offered for bid. Each of the parcels includes a reserve price to give bidders a better idea of what the City will accept. The reserve price does not necessarily reflect market value of the property. The reserve price will reflect the amount the City needs to receive in order to cover its costs for the property and pay off any expenses associated with offering the parcel for sale, such as getting a clear title on the property.
The properties listed in Group 10 are:
- 4126 W. Junction St. — Zoned general manufacturing
- 513 N. Franklin Ave. — Zoned heavy manufacturing
- 1327 W. Catalpa St. — Zoned single-family residential
- 1025 N. Broadway Ave. — Zoned single-family residential
- 3014 W. Lincoln St. — Zoned single-family residential
- 325 N. Homewood Ave. — Zoned single-family residential
- 900 W. Pershing St. — Zoned residential town house
- 906 W. Pershing St. — Zoned residential town house
- 3015 N. East Ave. — Zoned residential town house
The complete bid document is available on the City website at www.springfieldmo.gov/purchasing/processing.html. Potential bidders also may contact the Purchasing Department at 864-1620 for additional information. Copies of the bid document also are available at the City’s purchasing office, 218 E. Central St., between 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
Net proceeds from the sale of the properties will be returned to the fund from which each property was purchased, up to the amount of the purchase price. The City Council has stated its intent to put any additional proceeds from the sales into the Police-Fire Pension Fund.
For more information, contact: Jason Finke, Purchasing Department, (417) 864-1624.