For Immediate Release
High Risk Seasonal Flu Shot Clinics
The Springfield Flu Immunization Coalition has announced the schedule for its 2010 high-risk “seasonal” flu shot clinics. These vaccinations offer protection against seasonal flu and will include protection against the H1N1 virus.
High-risk adults must call to reserve flu vaccine and select a clinic site and time in advance. Individuals may reserve vouchers for high-risk adults. Reservations will be available by calling the Springfield-Greene County Health Department call center 417/874-1228 starting Monday, October 11, 2010 through Friday, October 15, 2010 from 8:00 am until noon. Individuals receiving flu shots will be asked to provide name and phone number at the flu clinic to confirm the reservation.
High risk individuals include:
- Adults age 65 and older
- Adults with chronic health conditions
- Women who are pregnant during the influenza season
- Individuals in close contact with the sick or people in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
Health care workers, also considered a high-risk group, should get their flu shots through employers or physicians. (Children under the age of 18 will not be vaccinated at these clinics. Parents or guardians should check with their physician or visit www.springfieldmo.gov/health for a list of retail locations offering flu shots.)
The Springfield Flu Immunization Coalition’s high-risk clinics are scheduled October 25-29, 2010. The clinics will be open from 7:00 a.m. until noon. To receive a shot at the designated time, date and location, individuals must provide their name and phone number to confirm the advance reservation. Paper vouchers will not be required this year.
- Monday, Oct. 25: Ozarks Community Hospital (formerly Doctor’s Hospital), 2828 N. National
- Tuesday, Oct. 26: Cox Walnut Lawn, Ozarks Room, 1000 E. Walnut Lawn
- Wednesday, Oct. 27: Northview Senior Center, 301 E. Talmage
- Thursday, Oct. 28: St. Agnes School, 531 S. Jefferson St.
- Friday, Oct. 29: St. John’s C.H. “Chub” O’Reilly Cancer Center, 2055 S. Fremont, 2nd Floor
Vaccine for the clinics will be made available to Greene County residents again this year through the cooperation of the Springfield Flu Immunization Coalition. Members include the CoxHealth, Greene County Medical Society, Ozarks Community Hospital, Springfield-Greene County Health Department, and St. John’s Health System. For updates on reservations and clinics, call the Influenza hotline 417/874-1228.
For more information, contact: Katie Towns-Jeter, Springfield-Greene County Health Department, 417-874-1205 or Greene County Medical Society, 417-887-1017