For Immediate Release
'Strut Nights Out' Provide Funds for Women's Athletics
Five local restaurants will support the 5th annual Bee Payne Stewart Strut through 'Strut Night Out', where each will donate a portion of restaurant sales to the walk/strut on different nights beginning tomorrow, Thursday, March 17.
The Bee Payne-Stewart Strut is a 1.5-mile community walk in support of women's athletics and youth programs in Springfield. 'Strut Night Out' gives the community an opportunity to support Bee Payne Stewart Strut if they cannot participate in the actual event.
'Strut Night Out' locations include:
- Thursday, March 17: All Springfield Qdoba Mexican Grill locations from 5 – 10 p.m.;
- Monday, March 21: Springfield Pasta Company, 4109 S. National Ave., from 5 – 9 p.m.;
- Saturday, April 9: Pizza House, 312 East Commercial Street, from 4 – 9 p.m.;
- Monday, April 18: McDonalds, 501 W. Sunshine, from 5 – 9 p.m.;
- Saturday, April 30: Houlihan's Springfield from noon – 10 p.m.
The walk/strut itself begins at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 30 from Mediacom Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway. Registration for the 2011 Bee Payne-Stewart Strut is available online at www.bpsSTRUT.com.
The money raised from the event provides funds to Drury, Evangel and Missouri State University women's athletic programs, the Springfield-Greene County Park Board Scholarship Fund and the Women's Intersports Network (WIN).
For more information, media contact: Anne-Mary McGrath, Special Events Administrator, 417-864-1338.