For Immediate Release
Christmas at Rutledge-Wilson Farm
Rutledge-Wilson Community Farm Park, 3825 W. Farm Road 146, offers several unique ways to enjoy the holidays this year, with their annual Christmas at the Farm beginning on December 3. Activities including picking out your own fresh-cut Christmas Tree, participating in a gingerbread house decorating contest, hayrides, holiday crafts and visiting with Santa Claus.
Christmas at the Farm debuted at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park in 2007, the park's first year of operation, and has quickly become a holiday tradition offering activities for the entire family. The Farm Park will be aglow with holiday lights and a hayride down Candy Cane Lane. Families can have their photo taken with Santa Claus; decorate Christmas cookies; listen to a Christmas story with Rudolph; take part in a gingerbread house decorating contest or see a candy & wreath making demonstration. Nominal fees may apply.
Christmas at the Farm begins on Saturday December 3 at 10 a.m. - 6 pm and again on Sunday, December 4 from Noon – 6 p.m. The festivities resume the following weekend, December 10 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday, December 11 from noon- 6 p.m.
Fresh cut Fraser Fir Christmas Trees are available for purchase and range from 6' to 9' tall. Farm Park staff will give the tree a fresh cut, wrap it and help load it into customer vehicles.
Scheduled Activities Include:
- Photos with Santa and Hayrides down Candy Cane Lane are on-going throughout both weekends. (Fee: $3.00)
- The Gingerbread Decorating Contest will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 3 & 12. Pre-registration is required and the cost is $12.00 per Gingerbread house.
- Candy-Making Demonstration will be at 1 p.m. on Sunday, December 4 & 11. (Free)
- Story-time with Rudolph will be at 11 a.m. & 1 p.m. Saturday, December 3 & 10 and Sunday, December 4 & 11. (Free)
- Wreath-Making Demonstration will be at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 4 & 11. (Free)
For more information, call the Farm Park at 417-837-5949 or visit www.parkboard.org
Media only: For more information, media contact: Nick Breithaupt, Farm Park Coordinator at Rutledge-Wilson Community Farm Park, 417-837-5944.