For Immediate Release
Applications Received for Zone 1 Council Position
Springfield City Clerk's office received nine applications for the vacant Zone 1 City Council position. The deadline for submitting applications was 5 p.m. today.
- Richard Buchli
- Mary Collette
- Raymond Hassen
- Arthur Hodge, Sr.
- Jeanette McKinney
- Jeff Paul
- Crystal Quade
- Jeff Seifried
- Bob Vanaman
Details of Remaining Process for Filling Zone 1 Council Seat
- Council members will collectively discuss the applications (received in advance) at a luncheon noon, Jan. 24 and attempt to narrow the field of applicants to a set of finalists for in-person interviews.
- The City Clerk's Office will schedule a finalist interview meeting, likely to occur in the evening.
- Council will conduct a series of interviews with the finalists in a public meeting. Each finalist will be given a determined amount of time to describe their qualifications for the position and the rationale as to why they feel they should be selected.
- Shortly thereafter, Council will meet to discuss the finalists (based on their written application and in-person interview) and select an individual to fulfill the remaining Zone 1 term through April 2013. (In April 2013, the position will be filled via a general city election.)
- The selected individual will be sworn into office and will be eligible to attend the next City Council meeting as the Zone 1 City Council Representative.
For more information, contact Cora Scott, Director of Public Information and Civic Engagement, at 417-864-1009.