For Immediate Release
Drug Take-Back Event
The Springfield Police Department will be participating in a Drug Take-Back event to be held this Saturday, April 28, 2012, from 10 am. – 2 pm, at the following locations:
- Dan’s Discount Drug Mart – 2625 N. Kansas Expressway.
- Evangel University - North parking lot (enter from Glenstone Avenue)
- George’s Pharmacy – 3650 E. Sunshine Street
- Medicine Store – 1302 E. Sunshine Street
- South Oaks Pharmacy – 3305 S. Campbell Avenue
- Walgreens - 2681 W. Republic Road
This program allows for a safe and effective way to dispose of any unused or expired medication, many of which can lead to accidental poisoning, overdoses, and abuse.
The SPD is participating with program along with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, the City of Springfield, and the Watershed Committee of the Ozarks.
There is no cost to the public for disposing of the medications at these locations. Pharmacists and law enforcement officers will be available at each site to assist with the event.
Intravenous solutions, injectibles, and syringes will not be accepted.
Media Contact: Officer David T. Snider, phone: 417-837-5874
Release authorized by: Lieutenant Greg Higdon