For Immediate Release
Food Inspections Database Now More User-Friendly
The Springfield-Greene County Health Department has upgraded its online food inspections database.
The page can be found at http://health.springfieldmo.gov/foodinspections. In 2011, Health department staff conducted nearly 3,700 inspections at schools, food processors, convenience stores, restaurants, special events and temporary or mobile units. Citizens interested in the findings of those reports can go online to:
- View the most recent seven days' worth of inspections in alphabetical order. The page defaults to this view. Bookmark it to quickly and easily view the latest reports. The reports are also available as an RSS feed.
- Search establishments by name or address.
- View currently suspended permits. The department suspended nine permits in 2011. This tab is updated automatically as permits are suspended or reinstated.
New features include:
- Full details of all non-critical violations, in addition to critical violation details.
- A full inspection history for all establishments. To see the past inspections, search by name or address, then click on "View History" in the righthand column.
For more information, contact: Karen Prescott, Environmental Health Administrator, (417) 864-1664; or Mike Brothers, Public Information Administrator, (417) 874-1205.