For Immediate Release
Green Building Task Force Works for Balanced Approach
The Springfield Greene County Green Building Task Force held its monthly meeting Dec. 12. The group continues work toward finding balanced solutions for green building construction practices appropriate for the local market. They are currently investigating and evaluating green building policies and procedures.
Members of the task force are primarily professionals in the construction or related fields, who have knowledge, interest, and experience in the green building movement.
- Jeff Barber, LEED AP Architect, MU Extension
- Neil Brady, President, Anderson Engineering, Inc.
- King Coltrin, PE, LEED AP, Great River Associates
- Melissa Cox, LEED Certification Reviewer
- Lisa Drew-Alton, Citizen At-Large member
- Emily Fox, Executive Director, Discovery Center
- Jason Hainline, LEED AP, Dake Wells Architect
- Ronda Headland, Community Conservation Planner, Missouri Department of Conservation
- Jennifer McClure, Home Builders' Association
- Zach Miller, Murney Associates
- Michael Nesbitt, Owner, Nesbitt Construction, Co.
- Jared Rasmussen, Associate Engineer, Olsson Associates
- Joel Thomas, LEED AP Project Manager, Bates & Associates Architects
Discussion topics include: building codes, construction permitting processes, site specifications and standards, structure requirements and the associated enforcement, economic and social impact components.
The Task Force is expected to complete their work and produce final recommendations in Spring 2013.
For more information, contact Barbara Lucks, City of Springfield Sustainability Officer, at 417- 864-2005 or email@example.com.