For Immediate Release
Art Museum, Nature Center Offer Bird Activities
In conjunction with an exhibit by Missouri bird artist David Plank at the Springfield Art Museum, the Missouri Department of Conservation's Springfield Conservation Nature Center is hosting a series of activities for bird lovers at the Art Museum, located at 1111 W. Brookside.
- Tuesday, March 26
- Attracting Birds to your Backyard, 10 a.m. - noon
- Learn how to create a backyard buffet for birds in your yard.
- Tuesday, April 9
- Identifying Birds by Song, 10 a.m. - noon
- Learn how to identify common birds by song.
- Tuesday, May 21
- Bird Nests and Eggs, 10 a.m. - noon
- Discover how birds construct their nests and what materials they use.
The David Plank exhibit includes watercolors and drawings and honors and celebrates Plank's passion and dedication to his favorite subject, birds of the Ozarks. About 60 drawings and watercolors from the Museum's permanent collection will be on view in addition to 13 more recent watercolors on loan from the artist.
For more information, contact Cindy Scheuer, Museum Educator, at (417) 837-5700 or email@example.com; or Linda F. Chorice, Nature Center Manager, Springfield Conservation Nature Center, at (417) 888-4237.