For Immediate Release
New TrailMix program encourages biking, walking Greenway trails
Get to know Ozark Greenways trails through the new TrailMix program, Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout September and October.
TrailMix, a partnership with the Healthy Living Alliance and iBody Wellness, is designed to introduce residents to the trails and show them how to incorporate trail use into a health lifestyle. Topics covered include trail etiquette, safety, healthy eating habits, exercise and more. Each event begins at 6 p.m. with a 5-minute introduction before participants take an hour-long tour of the trail together. Tuesdays are bike nights (helmets required). Thursdays are walk nights.
A different trail is featured each week:
- 1st Tuesday/Thursday per month - South Creek Greenway @ Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park, 2400 S. Scenic Ave. (Turn right when you enter the park gate, look for signs.)
- 2nd Tuesday/Thursday per month - Frisco Highline Trail @ Kearney Street Trailhead, just west of Kearney and US 160 (West Bypass.)
- 3rd Tuesday/Thursday per month - Galloway Creek Greenway @ Sequiota Park, 3500 S. Lone Pine Ave.
- 4th Tuesday/Thursday per month - South Dry Sac Greenway @ Lost Hill Park, 4705 N. Farm Road 151.
- 5th Tuesday/Thursday (October only) – South Creek Greenway @ Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park, 2400 S. Scenic Ave. (Thursday, Oct. 31, is Halloween. Kids are welcome to wear costumes on the trail.)
Missouri was named Best Trails State 2013 by American Trails. Governor Jay Nixon has challenged all Missourians to explore the state's trails and log 100 trail miles this year. TrailMix participants are encouraged to record their miles and learn more at 100MissouriMiles.com.
TrailMix is free. Kids must be accompanied by adults. Helmets required for the biking. Dogs welcome on a leash. Bring what you'll need: walking shoes, rain gear, water bottle, dog waste bags, etc.
For more information: www.ozarkgreenways.org / (417) 864-2015
Media contacts: Lori Tack, Ozark Greenways – (417) 864-2015 / email@example.com
Terry Whaley, Ozark Greenways – (417) 864-2014 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Claybaker, Healthy Living Alliance – (417) 862-8962 ext. 2142 / email@example.com