For Immediate Release
Rutledge-Wilson's annual Fall Fest opens Sept. 21
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park's annual Fall Fest opens Saturday, Sept. 21, kicking off six weekends fall-themed family fun at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park, 3825 W. Farm Rd. 146, Springfield.
Meander through the corn maze, pick your own pumpkin, and more Saturdays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., and Sundays, noon-6 p.m., through Oct. 27. Admission is free, but some activities have a small fee. Activities include:
- Pumpkin Patch- Pick your own pumpkin (prices based on weight).
- Corn Maze- Get lost in the 10-acre corn maze.
- Hay Maze- Meander through a maze of large round hay bales, ideal for small children.
- Cow Train- Kids and adults ride the one-of-a-kind Cow Train through the park.
- Corn Canon- Shoot an ear of corn through the canon, prizes awarded to those who hit the target.
- Hay Rides- Tour the park with your family on the tractor-drawn hay ride.
- Inflatables- Jump and play in the inflatables.
- Pony Rides- Saturdays only, the Valley Water Mill Equestrian Center brings ponies for children to ride.
Additional activities vary throughout the festival, including crafts, face-painting, pumpkin-painting, temporary tattoos and more.
Starting Oct. 4, stay late for The Haunted Trail, which includes a hay ride to the trail entrance, where brave souls are dropped off to explore a frightening 1/4-mile loop through the woods, where they may encounter a number of terrifying characters. The Haunted Trail is open Fridays and Saturdays, 6-10 p.m., Oct. 4 - 27. The Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze also stay open late while the Haunted Trail is open. Admission is $5/person, children 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information, call Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park at 417-837-5949. For media inquiries, contact Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-874-2176 or 417-224-5510.