Resources for Job Seekers and Employers Impacted by the COVID-19 Virus
Missouri Job Center: 417-887-4343
The Missouri Job Center offices in Springfield and Branson have reopened to the public. Our main office is located at 2900 E. Sunshine along with our new Job Center North affiliate office located at The Fairbanks, 1126 N. Broadway. In addition, our Branson affiliate office, located at 2720 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, is open and ready to serve the residents of Taney, Stone and surrounding counties.
- Paid tuition is now available through the CARES Act for those wanting to train for a new career. Short-term classes available now in manufacturing, transportation/logistics, solar panel installation, IT and healthcare. Call us at 417-887-4343 to see if you qualify!
- Offers paid skills training and job assistance for adults as well as young adults ages 18-24 in the areas of healthcare, IT, manufacturing, construction and transportation.
- Offers paid job training in the five areas listed above for adults who receive SNAP (welfare) benefits through a program called Skill Up
- Assistance with job searches
- Post job openings for employers
- Job search assistance for Veterans
For employment opportunities in the Ozark Region and information on apprenticeships throughout the state, visit MoJobs.
Missouri Department of Labor
File for unemployment for individuals and businesses through the Missouri Department of Labor. (Businesses can file unemployment for groups of employees they are having to lay off due to COVID-19.)
Communication Service for the Deaf
COVID-19 Re-Opening Policy for Springfield Missouri Job Center
Information for Employers
If you have an employee who has tested positive-
- You will be notified by the Springfield-Greene County Health Department that you have an
employee who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- That employee will be required to be quarantined until released by the Health Department.
- The Health Department will work with the employer to develop a list of other employees who may
have had contact with the employee who tested positive.
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and will be
contacted by the Health Department with more information.
If you have an employee who is a contact of a positive COVID-19 case-
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and may
not return to work until notified by the Health Department.
If you have an employee who is a close contact of a person under a precautionary quarantine (as
- This employee is allowed to work with no restrictions.
- If the person under precautionary quarantine becomes symptomatic, this employee will be
contacted by the Health Department with further instructions.
As a service to the men and women who have served our country, the Missouri Job Center Ozark Region and the American Legion Goad-Ballinger Post 69 are hosting a Veterans Job Fair on Thursday, October 22 from 9 am to 12 pm. Read on...
The Missouri Job Center is hosting a Drive Thru Job Fair on Thursday, October 8 from 11 am—1 pm in the parking lot of the Branson Missouri Job Center, 2720 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. Read on...
The Missouri Job Center is partnering with The Geek Foundation to offer classes in IT and web development, free to those who meet eligibility guidelines. Read on...