Resources for Job Seekers and Employers Impacted by the COVID-19 Virus
Missouri Job Center Offices
The Missouri Job Center offices in Springfield and Branson have reopened to the public by appointment only through February 16, 2021. To schedule an appointment in Springfield, call 418-887-4343 or in Branson, 417-334-4156. In Springfield our main office is located at 2900 E. Sunshine along with our new Job Center North affiliate office located at The Fairbanks, 1126 N. Broadway. In addition, our Branson office, located at 2720 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, serves the residents of Taney, Stone and surrounding counties.
For employment opportunities in the Ozark Region and information on apprenticeships throughout the state, visit MoJobs.
Missouri Department of Labor
File for unemployment for individuals and businesses through the Missouri Department of Labor. (Businesses can file unemployment for groups of employees they are having to lay off due to COVID-19.)
Communication Service for the Deaf
COVID-19 Re-Opening Policy for Springfield Missouri Job Center
Information for Employers
If you have an employee who has tested positive-
- You will be notified by the Springfield-Greene County Health Department that you have an
employee who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- That employee will be required to be quarantined until released by the Health Department.
- The Health Department will work with the employer to develop a list of other employees who may
have had contact with the employee who tested positive.
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and will be
contacted by the Health Department with more information.
If you have an employee who is a contact of a positive COVID-19 case-
- Any employee that met criteria for potential contact must quarantine at home for 14 days and may
not return to work until notified by the Health Department.
If you have an employee who is a close contact of a person under a precautionary quarantine (as
- This employee is allowed to work with no restrictions.
- If the person under precautionary quarantine becomes symptomatic, this employee will be
contacted by the Health Department with further instructions.
The Missouri Job Center announces the launch of the seventh annual Momentum State of the Workforce Survey. Businesses and organizations from around the region are encouraged to give feedback through this yearly survey. Read on...
Under the guidance of the state Office of Workforce Development, all Missouri Job Center locations statewide, including Springfield and Branson, will move to appointment only beginning Friday, November 20. Read on...
As a service to the men and women who have served our country, the Missouri Job Center Ozark Region and the American Legion Goad-Ballinger Post 69 are hosting a Veterans Job Fair on Thursday, October 22 from 9 am to 12 pm. Read on...