Wastewater Improvements Task Force
||St. John's Hospital
||Missouri State University
| King Coltrin
||Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield|
||Citizen At-Large / Heyle Realtors
||Watershed Committee of the Ozarks
| Mitch Hylen
||Springfield Public Schools
||Allen Filters, Inc.
||James River Basin Partnership
|Tim Rosenbury||Zone 4|
Overview & ChargeSpringfield must make additional investments in its wastewater system to continue meeting regulatory requirements and to protect the environment. The Wastewater Improvements Task Force will help improve this community asset by integrating community values throughout the process.
This task force will answer the following questions:
- What principles should guide Springfield's investment decisions and rate setting?
- How much should Springfield invest in maintaining infrastructure?
- How should rates be set to fairly and equitably recover costs from all customers?
- What type of financial best practices should be implemented in improve the financial sustainability of the utility?
- What sort of program should Springfield implement to address basement backups?
- What sort of program should Springfield develop to address private connections and private lateral issues?
- What sort of program should be put in place to address overflows related to satellite communities?