About City Council
Springfield City government is based on the Council/Manager system.
By Charter, the City has eight council members who are each elected for a four-year term on a non-partisan basis, and a Mayor who is elected for a two-year term.
The City Manager is appointed by Council to be the chief executive and administrative officer of the City. He enforces the laws as required by the Charter. The presiding officer at Council meetings is the Mayor.
- Every other Monday, 6:30 p.m., City Council Chambers, Historic City Hall, 830 N. Boonville Ave.
- Tuesdays at noon, usually in the Busch Municipal Building, 4th Floor Conference Room
Council meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared before the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas & Minutes
- Ken McClure, Mayor
- Craig Fishel - Zone 4
- Jan Fisk - General Seat A
- Kristi Fulnecky - General Seat C
- Craig Hosmer - General Seat B
- General Seat D is currently vacant.
- Dr. Thomas Prater - Zone 2
- Mike Schilling - Zone 3
- Phyllis Ferguson - Zone 1
Council elections are held the first Tuesday of April.
All email correspondence with City Council members becomes public record.