- City Council
Springfield City government is based on the Council/Manager system.
By Charter, the City has eight council members who are each elected for a four-year term on a non-partisan basis, and a Mayor who is elected for a two-year term.
The City Manager is appointed by Council to be the chief executive and administrative officer of the City. He enforces the laws as required by the Charter. The presiding officer at Council meetings is the Mayor.
- Every other Monday, 6:30 p.m., City Council Chambers, Historic City Hall, 830 N. Boonville Ave. There is typically only one regular meeting in December.
- Tuesdays at noon at Historic City Hall.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared before the meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
View agendas, minutes and previous meetings
- Ken McClure, Mayor
- Heather Hardinger - General Seat A
- Craig Hosmer - General Seat B
- Andrew Lear - General Seat C
- Richard Ollis - General Seat D
- Angela Romine - Zone 1
- Abe McGull - Zone 2
- Mike Schilling - Zone 3
- Matthew Simpson - Zone 4
Council elections are held the first Tuesday of April.
All email correspondence with City Council members becomes public record.