City-Wide Walking Challenge
Check back soon for details about the 2019 Walking Challenge!
Here's how it works:
- Gather your co-workers and create a walking team - between 2 and 8 people.
- To sign up you must choose a team leader. Your team leader will be the ONLY ONE who registers your team. (Please see registration instructions below)
- We are going to be using the Ozarks Commute website this year to log steps. You will still receive weekly updates with the leader board, but also where the City stands against the other businesses and organizations.
- Track your steps any way you choose - cell phones, Fitbits, pedometers all apply. inBalance pedometers are available upon request.
- All steps count - walking, running, weekday, weekend, at work, at home.
- You will log your steps in miles this year. Follow this link to convert your steps to miles if your fitness tracker does not do so already: http://www.convertunits.com/from/steps/to/miles.
- If you need a pedometer, please contact inBalance@springfieldmo.gov.
What's different this year?
- There will only be 1 division this year, but your team will be competing against teams with similar mile averages.
- At the end of each week, the average miles for each team will be reported out.
- Your team will also be placed into one of 3 groupings, which will be determined by your team's average miles walked. There will be a first and second place in each of these 3 groupings.
- Once your team moves up a grouping, you will continue in that grouping, unless you move up again. You will not be able to move back down, once you move up.
How to WinThere will be a first and second place winner in each grouping so this year you have greater odds of winning! Be sure to keep an eye out for ways to win inBalance swag throughout the challenge.
Move Your Shoes Challenge
The City of Springfield will be competing in the Move Your Shoes Challenge again this year! We will be competing again other local organizations.