Business License Applications
There are a number of ways you can apply for a City of Springfield business license. The application may vary depending on the manner in which you operate. To assist you in choosing which application you should complete, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will I work out of a commercial location inside Springfield city limits?
- Will I use my home address as my business address?
- Do I offer services or solicit inside Springfield city limits, but my base of operations is outside Springfield?
- Is my only method of operation participating in groups sales events, craft fairs, or farmers markets?
- Is my only business activity limited to a booth I rent at a local flea market?
Submitting an applicationIf you are ready to submit your application, you may choose to complete and submit your application online by choosing one of the following options:
- Business operated from a residence inside the city limits of Springfield: Business License Application, Residential
- Business operated from a commercial location inside the city limits of Springfield: Business License Application, Commercial
- Business operating inside Springfield, with a business address outside Springfield city limits: Business License Application, Outside
- Business operating in Springfield for a brief, temporary period, with a primary business address outside Springfield city limits, but not including craft fair participants: Business License Application, Temporary
- Group show, craft fair, farmers market participants only: Group Sales Event Application (Please see "Special Notice to Temporary Vendors")
If you prefer to mail or deliver an application to the License Division, choose the appropriate application above and, rather than choosing the "Upload" option, print the application.
Contact the License Division
If you would like to apply, in person, for a business license, or if you wish to speak with a member of the License Division, please call , or visit, our office.
840 N. Boonville Avenue
PO Box 8368
Springfield, MO 65801
Email: [email protected]