The Deputy City Manager helps administer city government through supervision of other city departments, assistance in policy formulation and implementation, and coordinating functions between various departments. He works with outside agencies and organizations in collaborative efforts.
Duties of Deputy City Manager
- Helps interpret and carry out policy for departments and other parties and advises City Manager and City Council on policy changes
- Highly responsible administrative and managerial duties assisting the City Manager
- Provides general direction and supervision of all city departments
- Represents the City Manager at various meetings and serves as the City Manager in his absence
- Works closely with city council, City Manager, and department directors in planning programs for various municipal operations