Emergency? (Dog bite or other dangerous situation)
Less serious complaints or questions (pit bull registration, missing pet, stray animals)
Submit a request online
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm (excluding holidays)
We often have a high call volume. If you don't get through, please call again!
4002 N Farmer, Springfield MO 65803
Shelter Public Hours
- Monday 1 pm - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 1 pm - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 9 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 1 pm - 4:30 pm
- Friday 1 pm - 4:30 pm
- Closed Saturdays until further notice
- Closed Sundays and major holidays
- The shelter may be closed at any time due to an emergency. Please call ahead to ensure we are open.
|Pit Bull Registration||$50.00|
|Annual Renewal of Pit Bull Registration||$50.00|
|Replace Lost Registration Tag||$2.00|
|Owner Surrender (per animal)||$20.00|
|Temporary Holding - First Day||$33.00|
|Temporary Holding - Each Additional Day||$16.00|
Donations of items used to care for the animals and keep the facility clean are always welcome.
- Towels (old towels are perfect!)
- Unopened dog and cat food
- Collars, all sizes
Prevent your pets from becoming a nuisance or a threat in our community by following these guidelines for responsible pet ownership:
- Permanent identification
A collar with a tag or an embedded microchip provides assurance that pets will be returned home if lost.
- Spay or Neuter
Prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens, and prevent overpopulation of animals.
- Training, physical care, socialization, and medical attention
Ensure that your pet stays healthy, plays well with others, and behaves in social situations.