It is easy to get vaccinated, and it is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu.
A few reminders about getting vaccinated:
- Everyone over the age of 6 months is recommended to be vaccinated
- Flu vaccine will protect against the three or four (depending on the vaccine) most common flu viruses circulating this year
- Even if you were vaccinated last year, it is important to get vaccinated again this year to protect from changing flu viruses
- Talk to your doctor about getting your influenza vaccine
- Flu vaccine is safe. Every year the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration work closely with vaccine manufacturers to ensure the highest level of safety standards for flu vaccines. For more information about flu vaccine safety, see this link.